Have you ever heard of using toothpaste on your pimple? Neither have I until I read it on twitter,and decided to try it out!
- Firstly toothpaste works well (for most) as a spot treatment for acne. The triclosan in the toothpaste dries up the oil and kills the bacteria, causing the inflammation of the skin to reduce.
- Secondly, the cooling effect of the toothpaste works a little bit like ice and brings down the swelling that is ordinarily the cause of the bump of the zit.
- You only need to keep the toothpaste on for 5 minutes to see a difference. It soothes the inflammation and beings down the swelling in a short time.
- While you may not be able to find ice, or expensive acne creams everywhere every time, toothpaste for acne is mostly available quite freely.
- Lastly, the calcium carbonate in the toothpaste leads to drying up of the pimple. This causes the pore to clear out (relatively) and can keep a zit from appearing there again.
I have been using this method for months now BUT I recently discovered that it does more harm to your skin then good!
" Toothpaste irritates, burns, causes more breakouts and scars skin. That’s especially true of today’s toothpastes, which have a lot of whitening and bleaching ingredients that are extremely irritating. So save it for your teeth and use a facial cleanser for acne to keep skin clear!"